Taj Pharma is the largest generic pharmaceutical company in India. We hold top positions in different established markets worldwide generics markets..
Generic name: Ephedrine sulfate
Somatostatin injection comprise synthetic substance somatostatin as a white, freeze-dried, unimaginative and pyrogen-free powder. Two strengths are available for Somatostatin injection : 250 mcg and 3 mg.
This Injection can be used to provide relieve in the following condition,
* Severe acute haemorrhage from oesophageal varices.
* Severe acute haemorrhage from gastric or duodenal ulcers.
* Adjuvant treatment in pancreatic, biliary and intestinal fistulae.
* Prophylaxis and treatment of postoperative complications following pancreatic surgery.
* Adjuvant treatment in diabetic ketoacidosis.
* Treatment of acute pancreatitis.
Somatostatin injection is given intravenously, by slow bolus injection. It can be prescribed as different doses to different people depending upon their conditions.
* You should tell your health care professional if you have allergy to somatostatin or any other drug.
* Your doctor should know about your medicinal history.
* If you are pregnant or planning to be, then tell your doctor immediately.
* You should not use this drug if you have any respiratory disorder.
Common side effects
Following are some of the common side effects which can occur due to irregular intake of Somatostatin injection :
* Low blood pressure or mild fever
* Unusual bleeding or bruising
* Unusual weakness or tiredness
* Yellowing of the eyes or skin
* Dry skin etc.
Disclaimer: The above information is for general understanding of the visitor. Please consult a registered medical practitioner before taking the aforesaid medicine.
Note : This product information is intended only for residents of the India. Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited, medicines help to treat and prevent a range of conditions—from the most common to the most challenging—for people around the world.